CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH!
The health and well-being of our Team Members is incredibly important. In addition to a great company environment, Sports Authority offers opportunities for both personal and professional growth. You will be given the tools to succeed and the training to reach your goals. Sports Authority also offers a robust health benefits package and a very competitive paid time off policy.
The unique benefits we offer to our associates include:
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- First dollar medical coverage is paid by Sports Authority
- Company 401(k) match
- Educational Assistance
- MyHR Self Service Portal – Our going green initiative that enables associates to view and complete personal changes and make benefit elections online from the convenience of their home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- MyWellness – Onsite gym, various classes (Spin, Pilates, Step & Sculpt, Yoga and Zumba) and lunch basketball leagues.
- Corporate Professional Development classes
- Philanthropic and community event sponsorship and involvement
- Company wide recognition program
- Company discounts in all stores and online
Once you join Sports Authority, there are many opportunities for continued growth and development. With over 15,000 team members in the United States, there are many opportunities in the Stores, Distribution Centers, and Store Support Center. The Career Tracks program was established to create a transparent viewpoint into the careers within the company.
Team members can access a Career Tracks intranet page to understand the opportunities available within their division, as well as career paths across the organization. The tracks start at the most entry level position and show how you can move along that track. Career Tracks also provides information on the key skills/behaviors needed for each specific position. Team members have the opportunity to work with their supervisor to create individual development plans to assist them in developing the skills/behaviors needed to progress in their careers. These plans provide the team member with guidance and personal accountability for development.
Training opportunities are offered on a variety of topics to assist individuals in gaining the skills/behaviors in their development plans. These training opportunities are lead by an internal training team as well as by leaders within the organization. Training includes new hire training by position, professional development, leadership training, and manager training.